Welcome to the Parish Church of
St Mary the Virgin and St Mary Magdalen, Tetbury
Reshaping our Church
There has been a Christian place of worship on the site of St Marys' since at least 681 AD. The present church was built following the demolition of the medieval church in 1777. The church today, with its elegant spire, is a focal point in the town. St Marys' is open every day for people to come and visit, sit quietly, or attend any of the regular services.
Worship in our church buildings at St Mary The Virgin & St Mary Magdalen, Tetbury
Sunday: 8.30am Service of BCP Holy Communion
Sunday: 10.00am Service of Holy Communion
We plan to live stream the Sunday 10am Communion service from church and the recording will be shared on Facebook.
Wednesday: 9.30am Midweek Service of Holy Communion
We look forward to sharing in communion together.
As Tetbury’s Church of England Parish Church, we offer a warm welcome all. Here are just some of the ways we are here for you.
- Coming together in our Sunday services each week at 8.30am and 10am to share in God’s word, and to receive the blessing, bread and wine offered to us all at the Lord’s Table.
- Offering a special welcome to children in our Little Fishes Sunday School during the 10am service, with Bible stories and crafts.
- Providing a peaceful haven for contemplation in this beautiful Georgian church, open daily.
- Welcoming families at christenings, weddings and funerals, to anchor these life-changing moments in God: celebrating new life, sharing the joy of a couple starting their married life together, and marking the end of a loved one’s life.
- Marking community celebrations through the year. We provide a hub for special occasions both joyful and solemn – from our popular Children’s Christmas Eve Crib Service to the hundreds who gather in the church for Remembrance Sunday.
- Providing creative and challenging opportunities to explore our faith, and to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ – from quiet days and home groups in Advent and Lent to an annual pilgrimage to Iona in Scotland.
- Serving others, including home visiting, regular charity collections, helping to run the Tetbury Foodbank outlet and working for greening Tetbury.
Please do come and join us.
Latest News & Events
Little Fishes Sunday School at St Marys’ Church ALL ARE WELCOME! Our theme on Sunday 25th February is Following Jesus to tie in with our Gospel reading. We play “Simple…
Services in the week beginning 25th February SUNDAY 25th FEBRUARY – SECOND SUNDAY OF LENT St Marys’ Tetbury 8.30am Holy Communion St Marys’ Tetbury : 10.00am Family Communion with Little…
St Marys’ Tetbury 8.30am Holy Communion St Marys’ Tetbury : 10.00am Family Communion led by Revd Ian Aveyard You can also share in the 10am worship in church or on…
There will be no zoom prayers on Tuesday 27th February. The next Tuesday morning zoom prayers will be on Tuesday 5th March
Lent lunches – Fridays: 23rd February, 1st, 8th, 15th, & 22nd March 2024. 12.30-1.30pm hosted by St Michael’s church. St Marys’ have been asked if we can provide soup and…
Prayer focus for the week beginning 25th February 2024: Before you pray, give thanks that ‘You, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call…
Rector: Reverend Poppy Hughes
Day off: Monday
6 The Green
Telephone: 01666 502333
Parish Office: Diana Sharp
The Parish Office
St Marys' Church
Tuesday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM