Prayer focus for the week beginning 20th November
Our prayer focus for the week beginning 20th November 2022:
• Tetbury Praying the Town: Northfield Close, The Orchard and Northleaze
• The Parish of Shipton Moyne
• Give thanks for all who minister by making and serving coffee and tea in the church
• The Advent Quiet Day in Shipton Moyne village Hall on Saturday 26th November – may God speak into the hearts of all who attend
• The Departed and those who mourn their loss remembering especially Svend Kold (Funeral in Long Newnton, Tuesday 22nd November at 2pm) and Joan Benn (Thanksgiving service in Beverston, Friday 18th November at 2.30pm). We give thanks for their lives, and pray for God’s comfort for their family and friends.
• Year’s Mind: Lydia “Grace” Johnstone (23/11) and Mike Seal (25/11). (“Year’s Mind” is to mark the first anniversary of a death –often a difficult time for family and friends).
• Praying for St Mary’s School: Year 4 Maple Class with Mrs Royle and Mrs Healey
• National issues: for the Global Day of Action against domestic abuse on 26th November, remembering by holding a minute’s silence at 1.03pm the 1 in 3 women worldwide affected by some form of violence in their lives.
• World issues: we give thanks for all those who care for others, remembering especially children who have the responsibility of caring for family members
To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, in you I trust. Ps 25 V.1
Are you, or someone you know, in need of prayer? You are welcome to hang your prayer request on the prayer tree in the prayer corner at the front of St Marys church