Prayer focus for the week beginning 4th December
Our prayer focus for the week beginning 4th December 2022:
• Tetbury Praying the Town: Northlands Way
• The Parish of Beverston
• All who plan and volunteer at our social and fundraising events through the year – especially those who helped to organise the Christmas fair in Tetbury Market Hall on Saturday 3rd December
• The “Christingle” service at 4pm on Sunday 4th December in St Marys church – may it be a reminder to the families attending of the true meaning of Christmas
• The Departed and those who mourn their loss. We give thanks for their lives, and pray for God’s comfort for their family and friends.
• Year’s Mind: Sheila Cherreson (8/12). (“Year’s Mind” is to mark the first anniversary of a death –often a difficult time for family and friends).
• Praying for St Mary’s School: Year 5 Elm Class with Ms Browning and Mrs Lee
• Praying for Lottie Price who is being baptised on Sunday 4th December at St Marys’ Tetbury and her parents and Godparents
• National issues: for wisdom in handling the ongoing or threatened strikes by postal workers, railway workers, nurses, ambulance drivers, teachers and lecturers – may the voices of those involved be heard with understanding
• World issues: for the people of Ukraine, suffering from lack of power, water and other essential commodities – may they know God’s protection and provision in their need
Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too hard for me? Jeremiah 32:27
Are you, or someone you know, in need of prayer? You are welcome to hang your prayer request on the prayer tree in the prayer corner at the front of St Marys church