Welcome to the Parish Church of
St Mary the Virgin and St Mary Magdalen, Tetbury
There has been a Christian place of worship on the site of St Marys' since at least 681 AD. The present church was built following the demolition of the medieval church in 1777. The church today, with its elegant spire, is a focal point in the town. St Marys' is open every day for people to come and visit, sit quietly, or attend any of the regular services.
Worship in our church buildings at St Mary The Virgin & St Mary Magdalen, Tetbury
Sunday: 8.30am Service of BCP Holy Communion
Sunday: 10.00am Service of Holy Communion
We plan to live stream the Sunday 10am Communion service from church and the recording will be shared on Facebook.
Wednesday: 9.30am Midweek Service of Holy Communion
We look forward to sharing in communion together.
As Tetbury’s Church of England Parish Church, we offer a warm welcome all. Here are just some of the ways we are here for you.
- Coming together in our Sunday services each week at 8.30am and 10am to share in God’s word, and to receive the blessing, bread and wine offered to us all at the Lord’s Table.
- Offering a special welcome to children in our Little Fishes Sunday School during the 10am service, with Bible stories and crafts.
- Providing a peaceful haven for contemplation in this beautiful Georgian church, open daily.
- Welcoming families at christenings, weddings and funerals, to anchor these life-changing moments in God: celebrating new life, sharing the joy of a couple starting their married life together, and marking the end of a loved one’s life.
- Marking community celebrations through the year. We provide a hub for special occasions both joyful and solemn – from our popular Children’s Christmas Eve Crib Service to the hundreds who gather in the church for Remembrance Sunday.
- Providing creative and challenging opportunities to explore our faith, and to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ – from quiet days and home groups in Advent and Lent to an annual pilgrimage to Iona in Scotland.
- Serving others, including home visiting, regular charity collections, helping to run the Tetbury Foodbank outlet and working for greening Tetbury.
Please do come and join us.
Latest News & Events
We continue to pray for Pauline as she prepares for Ordination as Deacon at Gloucester Cathedral next Saturday, 19th September. At last! Pauline asked me to share her lovely Ember Card – these are a tradition, sent out before ordinations, asking people to pray for the candidate, their family, the priest they will be working…
After Noel’s inspirational sermon on Sunday morning, check out the Greening Tetbury website: https://www.greeningtetbury.org/ It includes Rosemary Bailey’s Tip of the Month, inviting us to explore the delights of foraging for food, with advice and recipes from the Woodland Trust: https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/visiting-woods/things-to-do/foraging
Tetbury Church is now registered with Amazon Smile 🙂 Do you shop online? You can support Tetbury Church at the same time! Remember, always start at smile.amazon.co.uk. Select The Parochial Church Council Of The Ecclesiastical Parish Of St. Mary The Virgin And St. Mary Magdalen, Tetbury as your charity and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the…
NEWS FROM ST MARYS’ – SEPTEMBER 2020 Let’s make a fuss of our pets! This summer, we got thinking about how important our pets have been over these past months – keeping us company, keeping us amused … and perhaps keeping us exercised. That last bit definitely doesn’t apply to me! My black cat, Sweetpea,…
Our brainteasers continue, with thanks to Michael Bailey. This month, the answers are things found in the kitchen and kitchen cupboards and drawers, e.g. a pastry cutter or a piece of string. They are not items of food or drink. The solutions will be available in October. If you wish to make a donation to…
For the first time this year, we will join the Christian family across the world in a month of celebrating the good gift of creation, and committing to prayer and action to protect our common home. Known as the Season of Creation, this is an opportunity, as the followers of Christ, to focus on…
Tetbury Advertiser JULY & AUGUST 2020 God be with you! That’s the proper way to say goodbye. No really! Goodbye is short for “God be with you”. It is a beautiful saying, isn’t it? So, in our Sunday worship on Zoom over the past months, one of our new customs is to use those original…
Many thanks for Phil Jefferson for sharing his faith journey with us on 14th June. Click below for the full conversation.
Very many thanks to Alun Bendle for sharing his faith experiences with us. We heard short extracts from his story in worship on 24th May, and click on this link for the full conversation:
Rector: Reverend Poppy Hughes
Day off: Monday
6 The Green
Telephone: 01666 502333
Parish Office: Diana Sharp
The Parish Office
St Marys' Church
Tuesday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM