Welcome to the Parish Church of
St Mary the Virgin and St Mary Magdalen, Tetbury
There has been a Christian place of worship on the site of St Marys' since at least 681 AD. The present church was built following the demolition of the medieval church in 1777. The church today, with its elegant spire, is a focal point in the town. St Marys' is open every day for people to come and visit, sit quietly, or attend any of the regular services.
Worship in our church buildings at St Mary The Virgin & St Mary Magdalen, Tetbury
Sunday: 8.30am Service of BCP Holy Communion
Sunday: 10.00am Service of Holy Communion
We plan to live stream the Sunday 10am Communion service from church and the recording will be shared on Facebook.
Wednesday: 9.30am Midweek Service of Holy Communion
We look forward to sharing in communion together.
As Tetbury’s Church of England Parish Church, we offer a warm welcome all. Here are just some of the ways we are here for you.
- Coming together in our Sunday services each week at 8.30am and 10am to share in God’s word, and to receive the blessing, bread and wine offered to us all at the Lord’s Table.
- Offering a special welcome to children in our Little Fishes Sunday School during the 10am service, with Bible stories and crafts.
- Providing a peaceful haven for contemplation in this beautiful Georgian church, open daily.
- Welcoming families at christenings, weddings and funerals, to anchor these life-changing moments in God: celebrating new life, sharing the joy of a couple starting their married life together, and marking the end of a loved one’s life.
- Marking community celebrations through the year. We provide a hub for special occasions both joyful and solemn – from our popular Children’s Christmas Eve Crib Service to the hundreds who gather in the church for Remembrance Sunday.
- Providing creative and challenging opportunities to explore our faith, and to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ – from quiet days and home groups in Advent and Lent to an annual pilgrimage to Iona in Scotland.
- Serving others, including home visiting, regular charity collections, helping to run the Tetbury Foodbank outlet and working for greening Tetbury.
Please do come and join us.
Latest News & Events
Week Four: Sky Look out at the sky. You won’t need to use the book or the internet for this one, because if you have a window to look out of, the sky will be there. You could try this one more than once at different times of the day Meditation Sky: summer sky, blue…
Hello from the “nearly new” curate! I am not sure for how much longer I can say “I’m the new curate in Tetbury”; I have been here already eight months! I am however new to these pages and this is an opportunity for me to introduce myself. I’m Pauline Setterfield, married to Peter and, as…
World Day of Prayer service Thank you to Sarah Parton and all the team for a wonderful service on Friday evening. We shared in worship prepared by the women of the Republic of Vanuatu, hearing of their life and sharing in their hopes and prayers. If you would like to contribute to work of World…
Here is the next tip of the month from Greening Tetbury which is all about sorting your tyre pressures as we come out of lockdown. Being safe , saving fuel and reducing the tyre contact area with the road surface and therefore decreasing particulate air pollution [plastic and rubber].
Women of the Republic of Vanuatu (located in the South Pacific Ocean) have prepared this year’s service. The black and white sandy beaches, coral reefs with coloured fishes, lovely birds, fruits and nuts in the forest, all make the islands a pristine environment but they are vulnerable to frequent tropical storms, earthquakes, cyclones, tsunamis and…
Monthly Brain Teaser! Test your wits each month with questions set by our own Quiz Master, Michael Bailey. The answers to the March brain teasers are names of rivers in England, Scotland and Wales If you wish to make a donation to your favourite charity, please do so. Good luck! Please click here for February…
Week Three: Birds Have a look and see if you can see any birds from your window. Perhaps on a bird feeder or flying over. If you can, stay and watch for a while. If you can’t see any feel free to use the picture at the top of this sheet, or look for a…
Introduction At the moment, because of growing awareness of the climate crisis and biodiversity loss society is becoming much more aware of and focused on the natural world. For many people this has included getting outside more, and this is a good thing, but not everyone is able to get outside easily or even at…
Week One: Trees If you have a tree outside your window where you can see it, stand or sit and simply look. If there is not one where you can see it, feel free to use the picture at the top of this sheet – it is a beautiful sycamore tree at Montacute House –…
Rector: Reverend Poppy Hughes
Day off: Monday
6 The Green
Telephone: 01666 502333
Parish Office: Diana Sharp
The Parish Office
St Marys' Church
Tuesday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM